A Sigh For Me ( A poem for Madhuri Dixit)

A Sigh For Me ( A poem for Madhuri Dixit)
Twenty years I had stood by your yard
In sun and rain, in snow and hail,
My heart full of love, hands full of flowers
And eyes expecting one day you would see;
Twenty summers had passed, and twenty winters
And twenty autumns and twenty springs,
Many a time you came and looked out
To where I stood from your balcony;
And never did I know from your empty eyes
Whether you had noticed me or not
Or cared to think someone’s waiting outside
Before time from all hopes made me free.
If ever, on some lonely rainy day
You happen to stand by your window
Listening to the patters of rains on the leaves of deodar –
Look will you into your heart if there’s a sigh for me?

Nenhum comentário:

Demônios

"Os únicos demônios neste mundo são os que perambulam em nossos corações, e é aí que as nossas batalhas devem ser travadas." Maha...