Regrets...

Regrets
I wear this crown of thorns upon my liar’s chair
Full of broken thoughts I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time, the feelings disappear
You are someone else…
I am still right here

All of these poems have something important in common. Love? No. Life? No. Rhyming schemes? No, stop guessing, sheesh!
They are all lyrics to songs. Perhaps it’s the fact that lyrics don’t have to be good for people to like the song. Or maybe it’s that songwriters have to focus on lyrics and music at the same time. But for whatever reason, I see great humility in song lyrics that I don’t see nearly as often in stand-alone poems. People write from the heart, and say what they want to say. If they’re good writers, that’s great. If they’re not, I can still feel it. For example, an über-pop princess has this to say about her childhood:
Bruises fade father, but the pain remains the same
And I still remember how you kept me so afraid
Strength is my mother for all the love she gave
Every morning that I wake I look back to yesterday
And I’m OK
Perhaps some people would say that isn’t the most well-written poetry. It’s still powerful, and it still gives me chills. When somebody writes what they are truly feeling at that moment in time, even without beautiful adjectives and clever stanzas, it still works.
So stop trying so damn hard! I most likely won’t understand what the hell you’re talking about, and won’t be able to relate to you.

Nenhum comentário:

Demônios

"Os únicos demônios neste mundo são os que perambulam em nossos corações, e é aí que as nossas batalhas devem ser travadas." Maha...